I love this baked zucchini because it’s extremely easy to prepare and is delicious as a side dish. As a bonus, it looks great as well, so can easily transform from weekday dish into weekend entertaining side. Serve with your favorite meat or protein, or other main dish and some garlic bread.
Ingredients (for 2 to 4 people)
2 medium zucchinis
a cup of grape tomatoes, washed and halved
½ cup grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and crushed red pepper to taste
olive oil to drizzle
a few fresh basil leaves, finely chopped (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Half each zucchini lengthwise and scoop out and discard the seeds
3. Place halved zucchinis on a baking sheet and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and crushed red pepper
4. Drizzle zucchinis with olive oil and place grape tomato halves in the middle of each zucchini. Then sprinkle with breadcrumbs, followed by the grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
5. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes
6. Take out of the oven and sprinkle basil leaves (if desired) over the dish. Serve warm and enjoy!